Download ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR), Guru3D is the official download partner for this handy utility that can possibly boost ZEN2 processor performance on your PC.
CTR (ClockTuner for Ryzen) software allows each user to customize the system with maximum energy efficiency. In this case, CTR is fully automated and does not limit the user in actions. The program has a kind of artificial intelligence, which will help in any situation, and the protection system will monitor each step so that your components were not exposed to danger. CTR is compatible with all motherboards on the AM4 socket, despite the artificial limitations of AMD. As for conditions, it is probably one thing – the processor should be based on Zen 2 architecture. CTR is made by Guru3D’s oldtimer 1USMUS.
Please read the guide before usage on how to use and setup ClockTuner for Ryzen., seriously do that.
The main principle of this software is to evaluate the quality of each CCX and adjust the frequencies individually. Prime95 with a number of special presets assesses the stability of each CCX. A step-by-step frequency algorithm with multiple rules allows you to select the most stable frequency for all CCX simultaneously without disturbing the energy balance between the CCX. CTR also contains a plug-in (optional) test package Cinebench R20 from Maxon, which will evaluate the results of the tuning.
System requirements and preparation for work
- Windows 10 x64 1909-2004 build;
- AMD Ryzen processor with Zen 2 architecture (Renoir is temporarily not supported);
- BIOS with AGESA Combo AM4 220.127.116.11 (and newer);
- .NET Framework 4.6 (and newer);
- CPU Voltage – Auto (BIOS);
- CPU Multiplayer – Auto (BIOS);
- SVM (Virtualization) – disabled (BIOS, optional);
- Spread Spectrum – disabled (BIOS, optional);
- Ryzen Master 2.3 (uses the driver for monitoring);
- Stable RAM overclocking or stable XMP.
The next set of requirements are also mandatory and apply to UEFI (BIOS) settings. Since the success of CTR depends heavily on the capabilities of the motherboard VRM (highly recommended to read this chapter – link), we need to make a kind of foundation in the UEFI (BIOS) to secure the process of tuning the system from BSOD.
The most important setting is LLC (Load Line Calibration), my recommendations are as follows:
- ASUS – LLC 3 or LLC 4;
- MSI – LLC 3;
- Gigabyte – in most cases Turbo, but it can also be Auto;
- ASRock is Auto or LLC 2; Importantly, CTR is mediocre compatible with ASRock motherboards, as all LLC modes show abnormally high Vdroop;
- Biostar – Level 4+.
It is recommended to use additional settings for ASUS motherboard owners:
- Phase mode – Standard;
- Current capability mode – 100%;
How to install CTR
- Download the CTR archive (download) and unpack it in a convenient place for you.
- Download and install Ryzen Master 2.3 (download)
- Download Cinebench R20 (download) archive and extract the archive contents to the “CB20” folder (this folder is located in the CTR folder).
- Run Cinebench R20, accept the license agreement, close Cinebench R20.
CTR is ready to work. Questions or suggestions? You can ask them in this forum topic.